Is Rudas Bath, one of the most popular Turkish baths in Budapest, open during the Christmas holidays? Can you visit the thermal pools and enjoy the thermal and pool facilities? Yes, similarly to the major Budapest baths, Rudas Baths is open at Christmas and on New Year too, though the opening hours are somewhat shortened on the holidays.
Many Budapest travel guides say that Budapest is quiet or dead at Christmas, but this is not true any more. The city is full of life and things to do!
Rudas Baths, just like Szechenyi Baths and Gellert Spa, is open throughout the Christmas holidays in Budapest. Most days Rudas Bath is mixed, but on weekdays outside the Christmas holidays Rudas Bath is either men only or women only! Rudas Bath Christmas holiday opening hours:
Planned Christmas opening hours 2018
- Dec 24: opening hours from 6am to 2pm (all the facilities in Rudas Baths are mixed on December 24, both men and women can visit Rudas Bath at Christmas)
- Dec 25: Rudas Baths is closed
- Dec 26: opening hours from 6am to 8pm (all pools and the thermal section with saunas, steam rooms, plunge pools, thermal pools in Rudas Baths)
- Dec 31: open from 6 am to 6 pm. Enjoy some amazing days in Budapest in a stunning historical building (the old Turkish baths have been expanded with more modern pools and facilities of course)
- Jan 1: Rudas bath is open from 12 pm (noon) to 6 pm. Visiting ‘the Rudas’ is a popular way to get over the New Year’s Eve party symptoms (hangover, stress of the new year, etc.), so the earlier you go there, the better the chance to enjoy a less crowded thermal bath
The opening times above have been basically the same at the Budapest Thermal Baths for the last ten years or so. If you are planning your Budapest Christmas trip for 2018, you can count on the baths staying open on the public holiday dates in December and January in Hungary.
Rudas Bath was one of the party scenes of the awesome Cinetrip parties.