Vienna New Year Concerts can surely make your Budapest Christmas or Budapest New Year break even more festive. Once in Budapest why not take a look around in the Austrian capital? 2 hours by car, 3 hours by train to travel conveniently for a one day trip to Wien from Budapest.
While Budapest has several fantastic programs for the New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, you may wish to spend this splendid day in the classy city of Vienna.
If you should be on a Vienna, Prague, Budapest tour, or just wish to pop over to Vienna for Jan 1 from Budapest (the train ride is only 3 hours), here are some of the amazing Vienna Concerts in December & January.
The world famous City of Music offers a wide range of popular classical music concerts.
Pick a stylish location in Vienna to celebrate Christmas or New Year a few hour’s away from Budapest: well worth a one day trip!
- Volksoper Vienna: Folk Opera House in Vienna
- Imperialsaal Vienna: Concerts in the Vienna Imperial Hall – Haus am Beethoven Platz
- Orangerie Schonbrunn: Concerts in the Schonbrunn Palace Orangery in Vienna
- Wiener Hofburg: Concerts in the Imperial Palace in Vienna
- Wiener Rathaus: Concerts and Gala in Vienna Townhall
- Wiener Kammeroper: Concerts in the Chamber Opera in Vienna
- Mozarthaus Sala Terrena: Concerts in Mozart’s House in Vienna
- Church Concerts in Vienna in Stephansdom, Peterskirche, Annakirche, Maltesekirche, Minoritenkirche, Karlskirche
- Wiener Kursalon, etc.
For another trip, you may also consider other Austrian destinations, like Salzburg
- Alte Residenz Salzburg
- Palace Salzburg
- Schloss Mirabell: Mirabell Palace in Salzburg