Budapest Christmas Concerts at St Anne’s Church for the fans of classical music in a century old amazing Italian baroque church. In 2012 you can enjoy an organ concert with cello, violin and vocals.
7:30 pm December 22, 2012 (before the Budapest Christmas Eve Concerts)
7:30 pm December 29, 2012 (see more Budapest New Year concerts)
Venue: Church of St Anne (St Anna Templom), Budapest, District I, on Batthyany Square
Getting there: M2 red metro line, get off at Batthyany Square (Batthyany ter) metro station. This square is on the Buda side, right opposite the famous Hungarian Parliament building (Pest side riverfront)
Christmas Concert Program 2012
- Bach, Johann Sebastian: selected works
- Händel, Georg Friedrich: selected works
- Cherubini, Luigi: selected works
- Gounod, Charles: selected works
- Mendelssohn Bartholdy, Felix: selected works
Festive works by Bach, Händel, Cherubini, Gounod, Mendelssohn, Vivaldi, Bizet, Widor and Vierne will be performed at the beautiful baroque Church of St Anne in Budapest, Hungary.
- Miklós Szenthelyi, Kossuth Prize-winning violinist
- Judit Faludi, Liszt Prize-winning cellist
- Barnabás Balasi, organ
- Dániel Vadász, Mónika Fischl, vocals
Tickets for the Christmas Concert at St Anne’s Church Budapest
Prices range from cheaper concert tickets to more expensive VIP tickets
- Category 2 tickets: Euro 23.25
- Category 1 tickets: Euro: 50.22
While St Anne Church is not amongst the top Budapest attractions, it is definitely a hidden gem in Budapest on the Buda side, at the foot of the Buda Castle Hill.
You can listen to Barnabas Balasi improvising on the organ of the St Anne’s Church in Budapest. He is also showing some of the effects that can be made with the organ. Most importantly, we love the acoustics. How about you?